Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Okinawa Good Eats This Week


What's so great about looking at pictures of what other people eat?

I can't really articulate the answer, but I do know that I LOVE gratuitous food blogs. I could browse sites like Last Night's Dinner, Smitten Kitchen, and Scanwiches (you have to check this one out) for hours. You too?

Here's what we ate this week. (yes, I'm still on the Okinawa Tortoise Diet)

From Zazou Bakery, sour cherry tart (above) and oreo cupcake.
From Roguii Restaurant, healthy brown rice salad plate and stewed pork in tomato sauce.
Chinese sanpin cha (Jasmine tea)
Shima Restaurant, Maguro and yamaimo, rosemary chicken, tako (squid) salad
There are so many great places on this island, so fellow Okis get out there and eat...

6 comments:

Shannon OD said...

I love looking at food so much that I thought about starting a travel food blog! Love the shots of dinner...you are really making me itch to travel to Japan :-)

Abi said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous shots of food!

Mary and Sean said...

Thanks! I fantasize about becoming a food photographer!

Arti said...

I love to see new food pics.. My favorite one among these is the cherry tart...even I put up posts and pics related to food on my travel blog...

bingata744 said...

Oh Mary -- I so wish you guys were still going to be on Okinawa when we return next Fall. You are so creative and talented and it's always fun to read your posts and see your pics. Would have loved to have had you take us around to some of the "local" places you've enjoyed -- as our "food tour guide" -- now wouldn't that be a fun thing to do? Thanks for sharing your travels.

christine, just bella said...

I looove looking at what other people eat too! and looks like you're eating well :)

You'll definitely have to let me know if you track down any churros in Tokyo!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin