Monday, August 23, 2010

A Little Touch of Bollywood in Okinawa...


Ever since I saw "Monsoon Wedding" years ago, I've been a fan of Bollywood films.

So, imagine my excitement when I heard that a Bollywood themed restaurant actually opened in Okinawa. Of course, we had to check it out over the weekend. The interior decor is funky, purple and black. There are pictures of famous Indian performers on the walls. Finally, there was a large flatscreen showing dance numbers from popular Bollywood movies.

The food was good too. It looks like we ordered 4 of the exact same curry, but in fact we have chicken tikka masala, dal, mutton, and keema curries.
We took photos of ourselves doing our best Bollywood dance moves, but I'll only show you this one, which is my reflection in the gleaming silver mirror top table.
Bollywood Dreams is located within building A of the brand new entertainment complex Depot Island near American Village. The lunch sets including 2 curries, naan, salad, and iced chai cost about 1,100 yen (~$11 US)

1 comment:

Eve said...

Yum! And I love Bollywood! I will definitely be checking this out.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin